Monday, August 18, 2008

Trip to Branson...A Little Late

Okay, this entry is a little late. I have been meaning to write about our family vacation for a couple of months now, but I figure better late than never. Here are a few pictures to start off with.



Mason riding a butterfly. He really liked pushing the buttons to make it go up and down.


Playing in the ball area.

Shooting balls with an air gun. Mason LOVED shooting the balls!!!


Group picture at Branson Landing, a new area down by the lake full of fun shopping and restaurants. It was a really great place to spend the evening.
Smelling the flowers.

Playing in the splash area.

Mason with his new pop gun. FYI...He has now figured out how to pop it. Thanks Mom and Dad!

My brother Josh and his girlfriend.


After the Veggie Tales show with Bob and Larry.


Mason loved riding the train!


Okay, so after the craziness of my sister's wedding, the rest of my family felt that we needed a little rest and relaxation. So...while Julie and Gabe went to the Dominican Republic and lounged on a beach, the rest of my family went to Branson and rode rides at Silver Dollar City. Woohoo! Jonathan gets a kick out of how nostalgic I am, but I think being sentimental makes life wonderful! I have so many great memories from my childhood and one of the places that we loved to go for a quick get away was Branson. It has changed dramatically from the days when we used to go( for the better) and is still just as wonderful in my eyes. Going there brings back so many fun memories, but as I have gotten older I appreciate different things. The first thing is how beautiful the Ozarks are. I love being surrounded by the beauty of God's creation and being able to take it all in. The second would be (this sounds so momish) how family friendly it is. Branson and Silver Dollar City seem to have been designed with families in mind. The shows and the amusement park are clean, fun, and full of things that are fun to do with your children. The last and most important thing that I appreciate is having quality time with my family! Next to God, family always has and always will be what is most important in my life. Here's to another great family vacation! Thanks Mom and Dad and thanks Mason for making our trip tons of fun!!!

0 comments: