Going to church just isn't what it used to be. I know that when you have kids things change, but when it comes to church it can be soooo frustrating! Their are 3 main reasons that Mason is more of a nursery guy than a church guy 1) He likes to talk 2) He likes to talk LOUD 3) He hates sitting still. I know you may be thinking, "That sounds like every 2 year old," but it sure doesn't seem like it. I look around at church and see so many kids sitting and coloring, whispering, playing with cars, taking naps, etc. With Mason, I'm good to get 5 minutes from him and during that 5 minutes I've pulled out every snack, sticker, crayon, and church toy that we own. And yes, I do have a bag of special toys reserved just for church and yes, we do try to practice whispering at home and yes, I have even tried starving him before church so he will be really quiet and eat his snacks.
Anyway, before I sound too negative I have to say that Mason has done a lot better the last two Sundays. I think he knew I was about at my breaking point. This past Sunday was still somewhat crazy, though, between Jonathan spilling a cup of Goldfish and dried cherries during communion and Mason yelling "Amen!" in the middle of the sermon. Oh well, I guess church has to have a little excitement added to it. I just feel sorry for all of the people around me who are involuntarily subjected to it.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Church Chaos
Posted by Newberry at 12:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I think everyone goes through this! I know we do! It's always a big accomplishment if we can make it to fellowship time, which is at the beginning of service now.
I know what you mean about "those other kids" though. Let me know if you find out the big secret.
Post a Comment