Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Texas Style

I'm finally writing about our Christmas in Texas! I've been out of town for two weeks, and while I had so much fun I didn't have much time to blog. Anyway, we had a great time celebrating with Jonathan's family. The last two years we have gone out to eat and then come back and opened presents. It has been really enjoyable and a little more relaxing. I do have to say that I've missed my father-in-law's pork roast and spaetzle and my mother-in-laws red cabbage, though! Jonathan's dad is quite the chef. When Jonathan and I first met I was intimidated to cook for him because he was always talking about how great of a cook his dad was. I have to admit he was right, but I'm no longer intimidated. Instead, I enjoy reaping the benefits of his culinary talents. Every time I eat at their house it is like eating in a first class restaurant. Okay, I'll quite digressing and get back on track! Like I said we had a wonderful time, and it was really fun watching Mason and Amelia open presents. I know everyone with children would agreee that while getting present is great, it is even more fun to watch the excitement as your children open theirs. Mason's two favorite things from Mimi and Grandad are his Melissa and Doug birthday cake (he serves it to us quite frequently and always with candles) and his Elmo Christmas countdown (we have watched it so more times than we can count). Brad, Cat, and Amelia got him a musical intrument set which he also really enjoys, but not as much as we love listening to it!



Mason was so excited about the stockings! His favorite thing in his stocking was bubbles. It's funny how the simplest things are the most exciting.

We laughed because Mason is already getting underwear in his stocking. With motorcyles on them, his are much more exciting than the older boys' underwear!

Mason displaying his favorite video

We got Amelia an Abby Cadabby which Mason would have really liked to keep for himself.
Our attempt at getting a cute Christmas pajama picture. This is the only one I got of them both sitting still. Don't they look thrilled?

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Ooooh...maybe we could have a girl's weekend in Texas where your FIL gives culinary lessons : )

The McDowells said...

Seth said your inlaws called and invited us to dinner with you guys on Thursday, I am sad we are going to miss it! We already told Seth's parents we would go to their house for dinner and Charlie's bday (they weren't able to come out when we had his party). Enjoy all the good food for us and hopefully we will be able to get together another time soon!