Saturday, December 6, 2008

Visit With Santa

Mason went to visit Santa today at the mall. While we were waiting in line some kid was sitting on Santa's lap screaming for several minutes. Mason was sitting there watching, and I was sitting there thinking, "Oh great, please don't get any ideas!" Thankfully he didn't. He anxiously ran to him, sat on his lap, and smiled for the camera. After the picture he told Santa exactly what he wanted--a wolf puppet and a football helmet. That won't be a problem, however the pink princess cup that he decided he wanted at the Disney Store may not work out. I tried to tell Jonathan that Mason is drawn to pink because he owns nothing that is pink. Unfortunately I don't think that is going to change right now. We got the Little Einstein cup instead. I thought it was a pretty good picture, but I'm not too crazy about Santa's bouffant hairstyle.

7 comments:

Tracey said...

That is a precious picture!
And I'm not too sure about Santa's hair either.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

What a great picture! When Corban wants some thing "girlie" I say "Okay you can have something pink like a girl wears" and he immediately changes his mind. Not sure that would work with seeing he doesn't have a sister to compare it to.

Amy McCown said...

That is adorable. Layton was very excited about Santa until we started walking up to him and he started screaming. So we will have to wait for next year to try to get a picture.

The McDowells said...

We don't normally watch it, but Ellen was on the in the background last week, and she was doing a bit about Santa pictures and there was a picture with a screaming kid and the same Santa Clause as in your picture (the people were from Lewisville) and Ellen joked about his hair and compared it to Paula Dean.

OK Chick said...

Or Santa's shirt. Geez that thing is making me go cross eyed. The picture is very cute.

Varner said...

What a great picture! I plan to take Allie this week and I hope she doesn't scream and cry. I haven't tried since she was 8 months old.

Lauren said...

Yea!! I didn't know you had a blog! Woohoo! :)
Cute picture of Mason, Santa... hmm, he's questionable! LOL- I had heard that the "new" santa at that mall was a little different than in years past. They weren't kidding! At least it didn't bother Mason at all. :)