Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm Electric!

Okay I have to warn you the next few pictures are pretty dorky and akward, but I have had several people want to know what I look like so I told them I would post a few pictures. I am definitely not proud of how I look, it is actually kind of embarassing. The reason I look like this is because I am having an electroencephalogram (48 hour EEG). After a couple of seizures in college I was put on epilepsy medicine. I also discovered after talking with my neurologist that I was having partial seizures alot--I thought I was just zoning out, kind of scary! Thankfully I have been fine since I have been on medicine, but I will most likely have to take medicine for the rest of my life. I am now going to a different neurologist and since it has been about 6 years since I had my last EEG and MRI he wanted to do the tests again. Hence, the pictures. I get to go tomorrow and get unhooked and boy am I excited. It took like an hour for the guy to glue 25 electrodes on my head, and they feel so awkward. I can't shower for two days, have 25 wires hanging down my back, and have a purse permanently strapped around me (recording device). Let me just say I didn't get my best sleep last night!


8 comments:

Sarah said...

Looking good!

Emily said...

I personally find the look awesome. I think you're a trendsetter.

The Pruetts said...

Jill, you still look pretty even with all that junk on you!

Anonymous said...

I think you should do the do-rag look more often, you may start a new trend! Thanks for putting the pictures up. I was glad to see you without the cool headpiece that covered them up. And, yes, you look cute even with the wires attached.

Alli said...

You poor thing! You still look great, as always, though.

Jessica said...

Jill...I'm finally commenting on your blog that I found a few months back. So glad you're doing well in Texas. Mason is absolutely adorable.

Hattie said...

Looking totally groovy, Jill!

Melinda said...

Somehow you still look cute!