Friday, September 5, 2008

Back to School

I didn't think those words would apply to me for quite sometime, but I was wrong. Yesterday was mine and Mason's first day of Sunshine School. I had planned on substituting like I did last year and still having the flexibility to say no if I wanted to; however, that all changed 2 Sundays ago. One of the directors came up to me and said that they had had a 3's teacher quit and wanted to know if I would consider it. I don't know why this time was different and the thought of teaching seemed appealing to me, but it did. Anyway, after much craziness of getting a classroom together last week (thanks to a really great friend!) I'm so glad I said yes. Yesterday was the first day of school, and my class is so sweet! I think it is going to be a really fun year. Sunshine School is actually the perfect job for a stay at home mom because it is only 2 days a week from 9:00-2:00 and your child can go with you. Mason absolutely loves going to school and playing with all of his friends. Below is a picture of him and his teacher Mrs. Kendra. Kendra came up to me during the middle of the day and was telling me how verbal Mason is, but that he was saying some word that sounded exactly like the "f" word, and no she was not talking about fart. Anyway, the funny thing is that Jonathan and I have heard him say the same word, and we cannot figure out what he is saying. I promised Kendra that he had not heard that word at home and she just laughed.

3 comments:

Amy McCown said...

I love Mason's little hair cut. It is so cute. Layton is saying something that sounds like the f word and another one that sounds like the sh word. I am not sure what they are either because he has never heard those words. You will have to let me know if you figure it out.

Hattie said...

Mason looks adorable! I hope you really enjoy teaching!

Emily said...

Hey Jill!
I am so in the exact same boat this year. I started teaching at Edmond Sonshine School, and like you it totally came out of nowhere. I'm teaching with Jenny Vanover so it's a blast. My son is having a blast but my daughter is having a little more difficult time. I am comforted by the fact that there are loving Christian women loving on her.

I guess you need to quit using the f-word in front of Mason now! Hehe.