I bought a pumpkin the other day for Mason and Jonathan to carve, and today was the perfect day to do it. Jonathan found some templates on the internet and let Mason choose which one he wanted. Naturally he chose the one that looked the most difficult, and I have to say I had my doubts. I wasn't sure how accurate the carving would be with a $3.50 carving set from Hobby Lobby. Jonathan's determination came through, though, and he did an excellent job. I guess cutting on body parts for a living pays off when it comes to carving Jack-o-lanterns. :) Mason helped cut the top off and scoop a few seeds out, and he then did a good job of watching and advising Jonathan. I got the easy job of toasting the pumpkin seeds and watching Jonathan work. Mason's quote of the day: "Little boys have to help daddies carve pumpkins because it is dangerous."
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Jedi Pumpkin
Posted by Newberry at 6:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
That looks awesome! Four years of med school and residency and the 5-7pm slide cutting have paid off!!
Impressive! I don't think I would have had the patience to see it through! Way to go Jonathan!
I am so impressed! Great job Jonathan! We need to plan some time to get together, soon. I know it will be just a short time before you will be out of pocket for awhile with your new one!
He is so cute. And the pumpkin looks great!
Although Mason is the adorable...I definitely think you need to be posting some BELLYYY pics!!!
Very impressive - way to go Jonathan!
That is an excellent pumpkin!
Post a Comment