Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sleepover at Mimi and Grandad's

I unfortunately don't have any pictures, but I just wanted to say a special thank you to Jonathan's parents for keeping Mason last night. Mason had so much fun and didn't even care when we went to pick him up today. My niece Amelia was more excited to see me than Mason! When Mason and I were talking about going to spend the night with them, the first thing he said was "I want to get juice out of the refrigerator!" Jackie and Carroll have a mini fridge with drinks in it, and Mason loves to help himself to the Sesame Street juices. He had three while we were there this morning--that's what grandparents are for right? He was also adamant about reading "Miss Mary Mack" with Mimi on the couch--so cute!

Jonathan and I got to go and eat at The Porch (definitely one of our favorites) kid free! Afterward we went to Walmart to get a movie and cookie dough. Unfortunately we couldn't find a movie we wanted, and we ended up being too full to eat the cookies. Instead we went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 7:30. I guess in most people's eyes this probably seems a little boring, but we had a lot of fun. It may sound cheesy, but I really do just love being with Jonathan no matter what we are doing. He's such a wonderful husband and best friend.

When we went to pick Mason up this morning Jackie and Carroll had fixed breakfast for us as well as Brad, Cat, and Amelia. We had a great time and breakfast was yummy! I also enjoyed seeing Mason and Amelia play together. They are interacting a lot more and seem to really enjoy each other. Mason probably drives her crazy hugging and kissing on her!

1 comments:

Dara said...

Aidan calls Ben's mom Mimi too!