Saturday, November 15, 2008

So Long Pacifier And Diapers


I was looking at pictures from this time last year to see how much Mason has grown. This picture stood out to me because it depicts just how much Mason has changed. Last time this year he was a pacifier addict and diaper dependent. Now he has not used a pacifier for almost 5 months and almost always wears underwear. The pacifier started driving me crazy so I decided this summer to cut the end of it off. If you asked Mason what happened to it he would say, "It's broken; it's all gone." It was pretty cute, and it ended up not being that big of deal. He still has his "B" (blanket) which softened the blow. The potty training situation is another milestone. Mason has been interested in it since this summer and would use the potty on and off. A few weeks ago I decided to do straight underwear except for at night. Going back and forth between pullups and underwear was confusing, and he has done so well since I made the change. He never has accidents at home and has even started wearing underwear at night. When we are out or he is at school we have to be careful because he seems to get distracted, but overall he is doing great. My baby is growing up!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

I am so impressed he is in underwear at night! Jack, almost four now, still wears a pull-up to bed. Occasionally he sleeps a little too heavily : (

Newberry said...

He hasn't worn underwear that many nights, so we'll see how that goes! I know a lot of kids have that problem because they are in such a deep sleep.

JT said...

I cannot believe mason is potty trained. I could sure use his influence w/Hannah. It would be nice to have one child in diapers only. :-)

Amy said...

i second jt's comment. i'd like mason to have a little chat with cale. we're about to have potty training boot camp around here.

Emily said...

I'm jealous. Last night, Cason told me he had to potty so he sat down and we sat there for FOREVER. I read him books, he ate a piece of cheese, he wrote a novel, did his taxes but NOTHING happened. I'm really just too lazy to do anything about it right now.