Mason started pre-k last week, and he seems to be really enjoying it. After his first few days we had the typical conversations about what he had done during the day, who he played with, if he liked his teacher etc. He wouldn't tell me much, and I tried not to be the annoying mom asking a thousand questions. It was one of those moments that I definitely felt like a mom. One of those moments that I'm sure my mom experienced and that I'm sure I experienced from Mason's perspective. I wanted to know every detail about my sweet boy's day, but that's just not going to happen anymore. My little boy is growing up.
When discussing his new friends, Mason mentioned a little girl that sat by him at his table. He got a little embarrassed when talking about her, and it was kind of cute. This week, though, it seems that things have changed. I asked him about her today, and we had the following conversation...
Me: "Mason, did you play with Angelina today?"
Mason: "No, she tells me what to do all of the time."
Me: "What do you do when she does that?"
Mason: "I just don't listen to her."
Me: "Why do you think she tells you what to do?"
Mason: "She thinks she knows everything."
This conversation made me laugh. I'm sure Jonathan feels the same way about me sometimes!
When discussing his new friends, Mason mentioned a little girl that sat by him at his table. He got a little embarrassed when talking about her, and it was kind of cute. This week, though, it seems that things have changed. I asked him about her today, and we had the following conversation...
Me: "Mason, did you play with Angelina today?"
Mason: "No, she tells me what to do all of the time."
Me: "What do you do when she does that?"
Mason: "I just don't listen to her."
Me: "Why do you think she tells you what to do?"
Mason: "She thinks she knows everything."
This conversation made me laugh. I'm sure Jonathan feels the same way about me sometimes!


1 comments:
Girls do no everything, right? I'm glad he is doing well. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment