Saturday, April 30, 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever

We were so happy to have Jonathan's parents come for a visit last week! One day while they were here we went to a nearby strawberry patch. We had such a fun time picking strawberries, so fun that we ended up picking 26.2 pounds of strawberries. The crazy thing was that almost every strawberry we picked looked perfect. Jackie and I spent a whole day making strawberry jam and getting strawberries ready to freeze. You can bet that over the next few months we are going to be having strawberry jam, strawberry shortcake, strawberry cake, strawberry bread, strawberry smoothies, strawberry muffins, strawberry ice cream, strawberry trifle, strawberry pie, strawberry tarts, strawberry milkshakes, etc. If you have any other ideas of things to make with strawberries please let me know! I took a couple of pictures with my phone, but I didn't get a picture of the boxes after they were full. We had two boxes like Mason is holding completely full.
Max definitely ate more than he picked. He kept trying to put them back after we picked them.


Side note: Mason has on a cross necklace that he made in Children's Church. He used all black beads because he said he wanted it to look like a rock star. I'm not sure that is exactly what they had in mind:)

End Result

1 comments:

Alli said...

Yum! I think I need to hang out around your house if you're making all those goodies!