Friday, April 30, 2010

Road Trip


Well, for those of you who don't know, the Air Force has graciously decided to assign Jonathan to work in Florida at Eglin AFB starting this July. This assignment was slightly more pleasing than say...Alaska....which was one of the other possibilities.

The base is located right by Destin and Fort Walton Beach, FL. This past weekend we took a brief road trip in preparation for the move in order to find a house and scope out the area. An 11 hour trip took about 15 hours since we had a 3 1/2 year old and a 5 month old. Mason and Max both did great, but we had to stop to feed Max a million times and let him get out of his carrier.

Needless to say Mason broke every one of my rules (and then some) regarding "hotel hygiene".

1) Never go barefoot on the carpet
2) Never touch the comforters on the bed
3) Never wrap youself in the comforter and roll around on the carpet at the same time
4) Never clean the toilet lid with a Kleenex and bare hands
5) Never lick the mirror
6) Never run your hands through the sand of the ashtray looking for seashells

In the end, we had a lot of fun seeing the sights and playing on the beach. Mason was definitely in hyperactive, super-spastic mode the whole time. Jonathan and I were laughing that this was probably revenge for all the grief that we caused our parents on family vacations. Oh, and we found a house. Florida, here we come!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

wow jill...that's exciting! your boys will become little beach bums!

Hattie said...

I'm glad your road trip went well. We are so, so sad that you are moving. However, I know it will be a great move for you family and the boys will love being near the beach!

Emily said...

That is such exciting news! I must say I am extremely jealous since Destin is one of my ALL TIME fave places.

Natalie Hudkins said...

That is so cool that you are moving there and have already found a house!!!! Cute pictures!

Cox Family said...

Hey Jill!

I am bummed you guys are moving, but I am so excited for you too! What a beautiful place to live. I bet you end up loving it there! Your boys are going to create some wonderful beach memories!

Boswell Buzz said...

I love your hotel rules. I have bathroom rules that get broken, like this weekend when Macy took her skirt down and it was dragging on the floor of the public bathroom directly in front of the toilet--gross. The other rule that now rarely broken, is when Jarett touches the "gross trash can." You know the one that has all the feminine hygiene products in it!! He used to put his hands all over it--disgusting!