Sunday, December 13, 2009

Visit With Santa

Mason is really into Santa this year, and it has been a lot of fun. The other day we were in the car having a serious discussion about how Santa gets into your house and the possibility of getting to see Rudolph (Mason thinks Santa will wake him up to see him), and it hit me how surreal it is that I have a child old enough to discuss such things with. It doesn't seem like that long ago that Julie and I were lying in bed listening for Santa and sneaking into the living room in the middle of the night to look in our stockings. We were so excited once the morning came and we were able to see all of the wonderful surprises that were in store for us. As great as it was, it doesn't even compare to the pleasure of watching your own child experience the same excitement and anticipation. What a blessing!

The item Mason is requesting from Santa this year is a Wolverine Costume, seeing that he doesn't have enough costumes. We visited the Santa at the Galleria and Mason loved sitting on his lap and talking to him. He even went up to a different Santa in Nordstrom and starting patting his hands and telling him what he wanted. Unfortunately, the Santa had a hearing aid and had no idea what Mason was saying. He thought Mason asked him how old he was. It was kind of funny, and Mason never knew the difference. To end I have a cute picture of Mason and Max with Santa. Mason even put in a request for a baby toy for Max :).

4 comments:

Alli said...

So cute!

Jessica said...

how sweet! i love the "magic" of christmas through the eyes of children. i used to love seeing it when i taught first grade and now can't wait to share that with camden.

Natalie Hudkins said...

Well said Jill! I completely agree, I don't think I have ever been this excited for Christmas.
What a sweet boy to request a baby toy for his brother. Maybe Santa should bring Max some small super hero costumes as well?

Tracey said...

I love your Mason superhero stories. They are so funny.
The picture of the boys is precious!