Friday, March 7, 2008

Night Out!

Tonight was a good night for multiple reasons. The first is that Jonathan and I went to dinner with some friends without Mason. While I love Mason more than anything in the world, going out to eat with him just isn't as enjoyable as it was pre-children. He's usually fine for the first 15 minutes we are at a restaurant, but by the time our food has arrived he is ready to go, and by the time the check has arrived he is REALLY ready to go! Needless to say, I usually don't get to enjoy my meal very much, and overall it is just easier to eat at home. Thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law and her husband, though, we had a child free dinner tonight!

We met our friends at Chuys, a Mexican restauraunt in Dallas. None of us had eaten there before, but we were all talking about how it was supposedly Jessica Simpson's favorite place to eat. Anyway, we get our food, which was really good, and are having a great time talking when a large party of people start coming into the back room we are in. My friend Carrie said it was Jessica Simpson's parents, and I thought she was joking. Then, she said Jessica Simpson was there. I still thought she was joking because of our previous conversation. It turns out she wasn't, and Jessica was sitting right behind us! I know it is silly because she is just a person, like anyone else, but it was still really cool. I think she is the first famous person that I have actually seen in person. Jonathan's back was to her, which was frustrating him because he couldn't see, but he decided that was okay because he was technically the closest to her. After this none of us could even focus on our conversations, but we did end up staying at our table for another 45 minutes! It was a fun night!

0 comments: