Sunday, June 14, 2009

Family Vacation

About a week ago we went on vacation to Branson with my family. My mom rented a log cabin by the lake that was beautiful, and we went to Silver Dollar City and The Dixie Stampede. The family vacations we took each summer growing up are some of my favorite memories, and I'm so thankful that we have continued the tradition even as our family has grown. Thanks, Mom and Dad!





The teacups were Mason's least favorite ride. They made him a little bit dizzy.




Gabe, Julie, and my mom were the only ones nice enough to ride the wet rides with Mason. They got pretty soaked, but Mason loved it.


One of Mason's favorites was the kid roller coaster. He would hold his hands in the air and scream.





Getting a little bit sleepy.


You probably can't see it, but on this game where you shot at targets, Mason's score was consistently zero. I think he just enjoyed looking at everything we passed.



Ending the day on a sweet note.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, Grandma was in that log ride,in the very back ducked down behind Julie and I got wet just like the rest. I loved every minute. Let's do it again next year. Mom

The McDowells said...

Looks like a great time together! My family did the Branson family trip last year and isn't it a great place to go-very family friendly! Macy STILL talks about Sliver Dollar City.

Hattie said...

That looks like a blast! I love amusement parks!

Tracey said...

What fun!
My family too went to Silver Dollar City when I was little and I have great memories.
Looks like Mason had a blast!

Jennifer said...

We are going to Branson next month and we're hitting silver dollar city and the Dixie Stampede also. I can't wait to take Bryson. I love your family, you guys are all so sweet and special. It looks like you had a great time.